Always more appreciated by users, contact lenses permit a great vision perception; they are safe, comfortable, they guarantee elasticity of use since they can be used every day or just occasionally (a party, a special occasion) or during specific activities (sport and free time). Today contact lenses are good for everyone: high technological standards achieved by producers, the wide variety of products and the use of always more innovative materials, permit to satisfy every individual need and to correct any vision problem. Their practicality and versatility make them good for everyone, adults, teenagers and children. There are contact lenses for astigmatism (toric), for presbyopia (multifocal), for a slowing progression of myopia (orthokeratological). Santona Optic Centre offers a section of advanced contactology, which permits to everyone to try for free the best technological solutions, in order to satisfy individual vision needs, choosing the most comfortable contact lenses looking at materials, geometries and frequency of use.
Main classifications of contact lenses are those which distinguish them basing on materials, reason of use and change frequency. According to the material contact lenses can be:
- Hard or gas-permeable rigid- good for high astigmatism correction, keratoconus, orthokeratology, post-surgery application and particular cases.
According to the use, contact lenses have a purpose:
- Optic (spherical, toric or multifocal)
- Cosmetic: they have different colors and can be used when you want to change your eyes color. They can be used to solve aesthetical problems related to pathological situations, as albinism, leucosis and iris colobomas.
- Therapeutic: they are used as support for particular therapies indicated by the ophthalmologist (ocular bandage), or to modify eye refractive conditions (orthokeratology).
According to the frequency of change, contact lenses can be:
- Single use or daily
- With scheduled change (weekly, half monthly, monthly…)
- Conventional (semester or annual)